Friday, February 12, 2010

Things I Think I Don't Think (part deux)

(my yellow bikini muse)


Welcome back, my loyal readers (the five or six of you out there). Valentine's Day is almost here, and what would the most romantic weekend of the year be without some of my most important thoughts about the state of the sports world? That's right, it would greatly diminish in value for couples everywhere. On to my thoughts.

-I think I don't think that the NBA All-Star Celebrity game should be on ESPN, at least not on the main one. If they want to put it on ESPN "The Ocho", that's fine by me, but don't put it on prime time and make it seem like Chris Tucker and Michael Rappaport are legitimate athletes worthy of national prominence.

-The dunk contest still matters, it's tradition, but it's up to the players on it to the players on it to make it matter again. Gerald Wallace and DeMar DeRozan are good players, but they don't have the magnetism of Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. Pony up a million dollars for the winner of the dunk contest -half of it can go to charity or the Haiti relief effort- and I believe that the superstars of the league will follow the big green bone all the way to the top of the rim.

-I think I don't think I care about the Winter Olympics. I just don't. There is something about Olympic Curling that somehow doesn't appeal to me.


-Last but not least, I think I don't think Danica Patrick has "it" to truly transcend in NASCAR. She can have flashes of greatness, like when she led a lap in the Indy 500 five years ago, but I don't see the consistency necessary to be a force in NASCAR's grueling racing schedule.

0 comments:

Post a Comment