Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Idol

Chocolate plays a big role in people's lives. It fulfills you, it picks you up when you are sad, it makes you rejoice when you are happy, it's a a good band-aid for when you are hungry and dinner is just too far away, and it can can calm you down when you are nervous.
That is why I decided to unveil my Top 10 chocolates of All-Time. The Top Three was decided by how many fans each candy bar had on Facebook.

#10- Three Musketeers: Underrated, yet appreciated at the same time. The addition of strawberry to the already potent combination of chocolate and vanilla cements its place in this ranking.


#9-Milky Way: Not my type of candy, but anything that has been around for almost 100 years in vending machines everywhere deserves my respect.


#8-Twix: Popular enough to have a Seinfeld episode centered around it, Twix has lived in the shadow of Reese's for as long as I can remember. However, it's simplicity and carameliciousness earns it a spot in my rankings.


#7- The Gold Coin: Staple of my childhood, there was nothing I loved more than unwrapping the golden wrapping and happily enjoy the chocolate inside. The only knock against it is that it lasts briefly and doesn't satisfy you.



#6-Kinder Surprise: I wonder how many of you actually remember this one. It was a chocolate egg with a plastic toy inside of it. The egg came apart easily, but its combination of chocolate on the outside and milk on the inside was a lethally delicious combo.


#5- Hershey Kisses: They may be small but they pack a big punch. They come in bunches, so you can overindulge if you are not careful. Perfect for Valentine's day or any kind of social event, you can always count on them to be a hit.They are like the solid point guard you want on your team.

#4-Snickers: It may have more fans than Crunch on Facebook, but I don't care. I have never cared for it and never picked it out of a chocolate lineup. I guess peanuts and I just were never meant to be together.


#3-Crunch: My second favorite candy bar and with 220,092 fans on Facebook. It has its own hotline, which has become an internet sensation. People have too much time on their hands nowadays. I, on the other hand, spend my time writing worthwhile blog posts about worthwhile things. Anyway, fulfilling and delicious, you can't go wrong with it.


#2-Kit Kat: 775,647 fans on Facebook and my favorite candy bar EVER. Just ask my family or friends. Some people are addicted to cocaine, others to gambling, I'm addicted to Kit Kats. It was love at first sight when we first met in 2002,and we have been together ever since. King size or crispy, in Atlanta or after Late Night at Andros in Tampa, I can't say no to Kit Kat.I hope that whenever I get my own office I can get that awesome Kit-Kat only vending machine they show on that commercial.

#1-Reese's: I've never tried them, but their popularity is undeniable. Over a million fans on facebook and TV commercials everywhere you look, Reese's cups are the king of American chocolate. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is time-proven and will be passed on for generations to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment