Thursday, April 22, 2010

Is Tim Tebow first-round worthy?


I say no, but at the same time I think that he is the third-most promising quarterback in the draft. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say talented, I said promising. Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy are the three most talented QBs in tonight's draft, but I see a higher ceiling for Tebow than I do for Bradford.

I don't think Bradford has what it takes to be great, I see him being a Chad Pennington type quarterback. Solid in the regular season, very respected in the league, but can never muster enough to get his team to the Super Bowl.
Tebow will emerge after Bradford, but if he lands with the right team (Patriots, Colts, Saints) he could develop into a very good quarterback that maybe isn't great himself, but would make his teammates great and knows how to shine in the harshest spotlight.

For every superstar that effortlessly becomes great, there are players like Tebow that are willing to work tirelessly to transcend expectations and prove experts wrong. However, it takes the right coach and the right system to make all that hard work pay off. It remains to be seen whether Tebow will be lucky enough to land there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment