Friday, January 29, 2010

Things I Think I Don't Think




-I think I don't think that the Pro Bowl is a good idea. It doesn't matter if it is the week before the Super Bowl, the week after or in mid-July. If half the roster from each team doesn't want to play the game, then the NFL should recognize there is a flaw in the system.

-I think I don't think it would be a bad idea to have those same Pro Bowl players stage a skills competition just hours before the Super Bowl. Don't put it on a Saturday night when people want to go out or spend time doing something else than watch TV, put it on Sunday at 4 p.m. and you will get the people that weren't already watching the pregame show hooked early.

-I think I don't think the New Jersey Nets will get less than 10 wins this season. Teams tank for draft lottery odds in March and April, so I predict the 4-40 Nets will finish 12-70 and disgrace the league by celebrating their 10th win by having a ring ceremony in ther first game next season.

-I think I don't think at least one African team will not make the semifinal during this year's World Cup in South Africa. In 2002, Japan and South Korea hosted the World Cup and they both made it to the Round of 16, with South Korea making it all the way to the semis. In 2006, the World Cup was held in Germany and guess what? Four European nations (Germany, Italy, France and Portugal) monopolized the semifinal. Following that recent trend, my money is on the Ivory Coast to surprise everyone and be one of the Final Four in its home continent.

-Finally, I think I don't think people react very well when I tell them I haven't seen "Avatar". When I tell them that, people react like I missed the second coming of The Messiah. I get it, it's a 3-D movie and it's awesome, but I haven't seen it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment