Monday, March 29, 2010

Butler me up some more


(I'm the best...around! Nobody is ever gonna keep me down!)

How about that? The Butler Bulldogs are in the Final Four. If there is one word to describe how crazy this year's NCAA Tournament has been, then Butler is that word.
The Bulldogs had never made it past the Sweet 16 in their 110-year-old history and now they are just two games from getting the first national championship in Horizon League history.

Then you have West Virginia's Da'Sean Butler, who led the Mountaineers to a 73-66 win over mighty John Wall and Kentucky to make it to the Final Four. Meanwhile, Michigan State has fought through adversity to make it back to the Final Four looking for redemption, while Duke is as solid as ever.

Having said that, West Virginia was my original pick to win it all before the tournament started (scroll down if you don't believe me) and I am sticking by it. The Mountaineers play asphyxiating defense and can beat you in a variety of ways, just ask Kentucky about how West Virginia had a two-point halftime lead after draining nine three pointers and zero two-point shots.
I'm also waiting for the signature moment of Da'Sean Butler's tournament, a clutch shot to outdo them all. Just wait, it's coming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment