Monday, March 1, 2010

The Crosby Show



The Winter Olympics have come and gone, and for an event that I thought I could care less about two weeks ago, I ended up being one of the tens of millions glued to the TV during the U.S-Canada gold medal game.
Man, what a game, what an electric finish. I personally think that Canada won because of a combination of its own determination and the U.S lacking the instinct to go for the kill after tying the game with 24 seconds to go.
However, to see the U.S fight back and never give up was truly amazing. Not many teams would come back like the Americans did on Canadian soil against the best national team in the world.
Let's give credit where credit is due, Sidney Crosby was clutch scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, and he is the best player in the world right now with a Stanley Cup and an Olympic gold medal, whether Ovechkin likes it or not.
People wonder if the NHL will be more popular thanks to this game, and I think it will be for the most part, just not in places like Anaheim or Florida.
As far as the Winter Olympics as a whole go, I learned curling is the "sport" people love to watch but will never admit to watching, and that snowboarding and figure skating still don't appeal to me in any way whatsoever.
There are two things I would add to the Winter Olympics: 1) Snowboarding Basketball (Look it up on YouTube,it is awesome) and 2)Monkey Ice Skating. Because monkeys deserve some love from the judges too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment